Monday, September 23, 2013

yikes

It wasn't really what I wanted to say.
That last post, I mean.
The stuff I learned about this weekend was too disturbing to be be able to sort out yet.
I found out that the girls are getting a pretty regular feed of information from certain boys in group chats about what the boys are doing at home, privately.  Except it's not private because they're in group chats with their classmates. 

This video of Louis C.K. on Conan was being passed around last week.
I think it's pretty accurate in a lot of ways.
http://gizmodo.com/louis-c-k-s-daughters-cant-have-cell-phones-because-o-1355168031


On a slightly lighter note, there was an article in The New York Times about people trying to save themselves from their phones.  People are beginning to recognize that there is a growing problem and they're thinking up solutions -- socially acceptable solutions.  I had the girls read this one yesterday.
and I talked to Charlie about this article too.  We're going to devise a plan for ourselves and for the kids. 
http://nyti.ms/1fjyG7F

Maybe there will be a time between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. when we are away from our devices.  They will have to be in a box or a flower pot... something.  And no phones in the bedroom while you're sleeping.  I already do that for Fiona. 


No comments:

Post a Comment