Monday, September 23, 2013

Sunday dinner


The fair was crowded.  We watched the sheep dogs work the ducks, goats and sheep for a long time.  For me, that was the best part of the fair.  We got a bunch of texts from people there who were either trying to connect with us or with the kids.  I wanted to look at the bunnies but the barn was wall to wall people.  Yesterday was much better.  I stayed home and cooked and baked all day.
The girls helped and talked to me and I got to do my weekend observations of device-use.  The girls are on Instagram heavily.  Charlie took Sam to Bangor to play two soccer games.  When he was done with the sports he got in the car and used Charlie's iphone to play games.  Sam is not texting people.
Charlie looks up YouTube videos about airplanes ... plus he is in constant text/phone communication with many people per day, even in the evenings and on weekends.  I take a lot of pictures, although I didn't take a single picture at our party last night.  My device use has a lot to do with reading news and checking emails.  Our friends came to dinner last night and they don't even use the internet, except very occasionally at the library.  Phoebe is a painter and Ty is a fisherman. 
I learned last night that Charlie's ice shack disappeared last spring.
I had no idea. 
They think someone stole it ... but who would dare?  Maybe it's at the bottom of Hosmer Pond.


No comments:

Post a Comment