Tuesday, September 17, 2013

walk and draw

I do a better job at life when I take walks by myself.  No music, no audio books, no companionship except for the birds and the trees.  
There seems to be less quiet time lately.

I'm going to grow my hair out into long, grey braids.
I already have the braids; they're just not grey yet.
I'm getting ready for the woods ... or the boat... or the walk from Eastham to Provincetown.
I need a low low low maintenance life.

Why do so many kids at school have anxiety?
I just read an article in The New York Times about Minecraft (the video game) being viewed as an educational tool.
One student I have can't come to regular classes at all.  He stays at home mostly and plays Minecraft.  He makes YouTube videos about Minecraft.  
For two hours a day he does his academic work with me.
I think some kids play it ...
and some kids lose themselves to it.

I drew this picture about 20 minutes ago.
 I like that the girl on the left doesn't have a neck and that the mom has floppy legs with band-aids.
That's all for today.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment