Tuesday, July 16, 2013

heat

I wilt in the heat.
I also find myself needing a break from our house being the hang out for every kid in town.  I am exaggerating, but that's what it feels like sometimes.  I told Fiona to get a job and start doing the grocery shopping.
6 a.m. is a nice time of day; it still feels cool at that hour.  I start my watering and do my yoga and everything is quiet.  No one is barraging
me about pre-teen dinner parties.
The car was making a clanking noise but Joel
fixed it.  I finally caved in and bought some box fans.  Last night I listened to Leaves of Grass all night long.  I slept some.  
I am pitta insane.  It's like vata deranged, except it means you're over-heated and cranky and your digestion is wonky and you need to be plunged into the icy Atlantic Ocean and then fed aloe gel for dinner and put to bed with legs up the wall.
Ugh.
I love the summer with the color -- the flowers, the vegetables, the swimming and collecting ... but I actually function more comfortably in the cold.  I was so out of place in LA when fall rolled around and the Santa Ana winds set in.  Hot fire in the air.  I would get so homesick for the cold breezes of Fall in Maine ... and the crisp blue skies against the orange leaves.  I love summer.  I really do.
But it doesn't quite agree with my body type.
Woe is me....

No comments:

Post a Comment