Thursday, October 3, 2013

Rockport Harbor video, Vesper Hill, chalk drawings



This is the harbor where Charlie works.  He's off to the right somewhere stepping masts or drying his phone from sea water in a bowl of rice.  (His phones are always getting soaked in salt water, which makes for short lives.)  These guys are fishing for lobster.   I sat on the rocks for a minute and watched; their dog was on board barking but I don't think you can hear it in the video.  They kept telling him to be quiet.  He was barking at me.



 These pictures are from Vesper Hill.  Since I was a little girl I've been going there.  My dad used to drive us there in the black truck to play in the evenings.  There are beautiful gardens and a little chapel over-looking the bay.  A few years ago some people started stealing plants from the gardens.  I bet I know who it was.  Someone made a cardboard sign reminding the thieves about what's right.

I used a filter on this one.  It's a little too much, don't you think?
I think it's too much.  Like ... follow the light....
Too much.

  This is where you sneak off behind the chapel if you have to be by youself.



The stump from a tree I loved for almost 40 years.  Everyone tried to save it.  There were wires holding it in place.  Gardeners and tree experts held this tree's hand until the very end.










Rockport Harbor peaking through the trees.  Charlie is out there giving orders to people.

                                                 Debris.  The winters are rough.









I have to pull everything together for the show.  I decided to make some chalkboards.  I sprayed wood with chalkboard paint.  I'm going to put these up, for fun, with a sign saying to erase whatever you find here and make your own temporary drawings.
All the paintings and drawings are done and framed.
But I have one more interactive piece to go:  a metal haiku board. 

No comments:

Post a Comment