Wednesday, October 9, 2013

calendula and cosmos and no Cape Cod


I quickly drew my wilting flowers this morning.  One calendula blossom, a few cosmos, some purple fluff and four or five blades of ornamental grass of the red variety.  The vase is actually brown but I turned it blue in the magical world of drawing because I felt like it.  I felt like having some power to change the world.  So there.
The National Seashore Visitor Center is shut down in Eastham, MA on Cape Cod because of this government temper tantrum.  The website is shut down too so I can't even go look up things about birds and trees.  I was hoping to go to the visitor center on Saturday to buy a new book.  Last fall I got a book about Native Americans before the Pilgrims and I love it.  It has lists of foods and tools and descriptions of life before Europeans arrived.
So much for a new book.
And so much for Cape Cod.  I have angered the captain and he is not speaking to me.  Looks like I'll be painting here at home in Maine this weekend, unless I can learn some new magical spells before Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment