Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Not a Sonnet

Dazed Spring/ with quiet eyes/ my brain is shrunk/ wild carrot naked/ what’s a girl to do/ when lights begin to show/ purplish/ forked/ going blind when I speak/ my heart/ hardly a whisper/ reddish/ upstanding/ the stiff curl: clarity/ touch a hundred flowers/ because danger is crawling from the wood/ mouth wet/ cold/ leafless/ lifeless/ on the road to the contagious hospital/ one by one/ objects rise/ and bow down/ my voice the gladdest thing/ will mark which must be mine/ under the northeast sun/ and familiar wind/ clouds of/ blue/ green/ I enter a new world/ my belly caving in/ I’m going out to play School was dismissed at 11 a.m. because of snow. I'm working on a poetry project to do with kids ... and others, maybe even really old people. Before the day is done I'll get to that sonnet.

No comments:

Post a Comment