Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Troy Hicks and Zazzle

I've been reading the Troy Hicks book: Crafting Digital Writing -- Composing Texts Across Media and Genres.  I picked up a lot in the report about Participatory Culture, and have been blending what I'm reading in Troy Hicks with that report when I think of projects for kids, and myself.
The report mentioned Zazzle, a site where you can make and sell items.  Students need a way to be invested in what they're making and see a purpose for it in the world.  Hicks lists sites where you can find good images.  My tendency always leans toward using my own images.

I've pulled quite a bit from the Hicks book already for student projects.  We've looked at the sites that pick apart the worst websites ever, and why they are the worst.  We've looked at quite a few successful multigenre projects, one about an avalanche.

So here is what I made on Zazzle: some playing cards.  

No comments:

Post a Comment