Thursday, February 20, 2014

Multigenre Reflection

The project I made on Tumblr is up. It's multigenre, but I didn't use any digital stories or audio recordings this time.  I feel quiet.
It was pleasant to put it all together, but I wish I wasn't torn in so many directions these days; I'd have liked to have made a more in depth project -- over the course of months.  I still can.  I will.  Maybe that will become my project if I join forces with Phoebe this summer for some type of exhibit. 
Or I could accept the next Pecha Kucha offer. 
I did submit my This I Believe piece to the website of the same name. 

I showed the project to Charlie.  He laughed out loud about "three divorces in a skiff."  (He's one of them.)  Reading and looking through the whole project may have been helpful for him.  He seemed very absorbed by it.  He knows me and he knows I prefer to stay home and read books to going out to any kind of party at all ... but still, sometimes, I think he's not quite sure what's going on with me, and so he searches the multigenre project for clues.  
He's a good sport.  He's never given me a hard time about eating like a monk or spending days on end drawing.  Occasionally, he wishes I didn't abhor parties.
He likes walking in the woods too.  And he can be quiet.
He also likes stories and playing detective. 
He liked the diagram of my brain.  "What's up with Charlie?"  and "CAPE COD."  He looked for the parts that directly pertained to him.

I would make multigenre projects for the rest of my days, if I could get away with it.

The Weebly sites I looked at were nice.  People were wise to use that as a site.  I'd read about Weebly in the Troy Hicks book too and have recommended it for student projects.  I have one boy designing a website for his mother on Weebly.
 I decided to go with Tumblr because I still want to make a blog.  It's what makes the most sense to me ... in my transition from sketchbooks to digital.  It's an awkward transition sometimes.  And occasionally I wonder if I feel a little less grounded because I'm not in with the paper and pencils so much these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment