Wednesday, November 13, 2013

wind


It snowed for twenty minutes yesterday morning.  And then the wind arrived.
It's cold.
I'm reading Love & Math: The Heart of Hidden Reality, by Edward Frenkel.  Sometimes I enjoy math but most of the time I prefer to read or draw ... or cut paper.  This book will be so inspiring, I hear, that I'll want to abandon all my paper scraps and walnut ink, chalk and paints and fling myself at mathematics. 
I've been noticing a girl standing by herself, practically in the parking lot, at recces behind the middle school.  I want to invite her in for story time.  I always see her when I'm on my way from one classroom in the main building to another little office I work in at the administrative offices.  Middle school can be a lonely time ... and a confusing time.  I have let people know she's out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment