Monday, November 25, 2013

machine shop


                                I went on a date to the machine shop last Saturday night.  


Charlie had been hunting all day.  He killed two ducks and put them in his refrigerator with their feet hanging down by the crisper drawer.


He decided it was a good evening to begin the installation of my new mailbox.  We rummaged around the shop looking for an old pipe to use on the back of the mailbox.  I used to go to restaurants for dates.


But I don't eat restaurant food and I finally came to terms with that.  And Charlie likes to hunt with tough guys.


                                      The guys at the shop have some nice chairs.
                                    

                           They build some of the most beautiful boats in the world at this shop.


I think the machine shop is more interesting than the boats though. 
There's a whole boat civilization here that doesn't include hobos like me.
I think a boat can be a necessary from of transportation but I don't view boats as a way of life.
I don't dream about boats when I fall asleep.


                                                The place looks like a museum to me.


                                                               Wear eye protection.





                                                            This is a marine toilet.


                                       I can still feel the dust in my eyes from date night.


                                           My throat spontaneously healed today,
                                           which doesn't have anything to do with this elephant-trunk can.

No comments:

Post a Comment