Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Whirlwind

The whirlwind of summer has begun.
Relatives flock to Maine but we are still busy pulling weeds and tutoring high school students, teaching yoga, making our own board games for art shows, taking classes and reading books about Vladimir Nabokov and Clementine Hunter.  My book about Clementine arrived by mail today!  I will read it tonight instead of the books for my classes.  Soon we will go to Cape Cod.
That's when summer is screaming its loudest at me.  I can barely keep up with the 4th of July Cape week with Charlie's family.  I LOVE seeing his extended family and getting to be a part of their traditions.  There are fireworks on the beach and birthday parties galore and lots of singing and visits with the elderly (my favorite part by far) and parades and walks around Provincetown, swimming, boating, hiking, kid management and the exciting business of being a blended family for that short period of time.
I love it.  But it is actually too much for me.
I would be happy visiting the elderly.  I like the cape in November and April, maybe even better than in July.  
Off to read about the lovely Clementine.
I am such a slow reader that she will be able to make the trip to the cape with me, which will be a comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment