Wednesday, June 26, 2013

front door

The house was scraped today, and the storm windows were removed to be repaired and painted.  I wrote a sonnet about a one eyed hag named Lorelei; it wasn't very good.  The girls and I went to Duck Trap and no one was there at first because it was raining but then some guys showed up to get baked in the woods.  Mike Sheehanovich delivered a 32 foot ladder to me and we talked for a while; he told me that his brain is the size of a walnut.
It's not.  It's more like a peach, with a few walnuts on the side, falling this way and that.  I mean that in a good way.  He's quite clever.  Funny too.  
Once though I told him to do a head stand on a green tarp in his driveway and he did it.  He did a great job and he was all dressed in his carpenter's work clothes with sturdy boots and belt.  A few days later he had forgotten the whole event.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment